1) Learn about butterfly and moth species.
2) Develop motor skills.
3) Create a nature table cloth or a portable mural for display.
4) Have fun!
1) Plastic table cloth (lightweight) or plastic shower curtain
2) Black sharpy markers
3) A series of colored sharpy markets
4) Large table on which to drape the table cloth/shower curtain
1) Use the links find directions to draw colorful butterflies and moths (subscribers can download the PDF at bottom).
2) Using a black sharpy marker, follow the step by step drawing directions (you can practice on a blank piece of paper first if you wish).
3) Look up the animals and their colors here.
4) Then using the color sharpy markers, color them.
When you research information you must cite the reference. Citing for websites is different from citing from books, magazines and periodicals. The style of citing shown here is from the MLA Style Citations (Modern Language Association).
When citing a WEBSITE the general format is as follows.
Author Last Name, First Name(s). "Title: Subtitle of Part of Web Page, if appropriate." Title: Subtitle: Section of Page if appropriate. Sponsoring/Publishing Agency, If Given. Additional significant descriptive information. Date of Electronic Publication or other Date, such as Last Updated. Day Month Year of access < URL >.
Amsel, Sheri. "Draw a Butterfly Mural (or Tablecloth)" Exploring Nature Educational Resource ©2005-2023. February 9, 2023
< http://exploringnature.org/db/view/Draw-a-Butterfly-Mural-or-Tablecloth >