• squares of wood or particle board
• craft glue
• paper bag for collecting
• collected items from the outdoors: seeds, nuts, cones, lichens, dried fungus or flowers, interesting rocks or bark (only collect bark that has fallen off the tree)
• a favorite picture
• newspaper to cover work surface
1. Have kids collect lots of interesting natural items.
2. If you like, first use a pencil to draw a design on a piece of plywood.
3: Glue the pebbles on the design. Or, spread the plywood with grout, and push the pebbles into the grout.
A pebble mosaic makes a good trivet to use for holding hot pots. You can also make pebble mosaics to decorate flower pots, vases, or lamps. What else could you decorate with pebbles?