To create your Rainforest Poster:
1. Print out the Rainforest Background (drag off the page onto desktop or click on link). Blow it up on a copy machine (print out in quarters) and tape together. Should be about 11 x17". Color it and label the rainforest layers – Emergent Layer (add taller trees), Canopy, Understory, Forest Floor.
2. Using the How to Draw pages below, draw each of the rainforest animals, color them and cut them out (they can be laminted first if available). For an Amazon Rainforest Poster, draw a: Jaguar, Macaw Parrot, Toucan, Anaconda, Red-eyed Treefrog, Tapir, Bat, Iguana.
3. Back animals with masking tape and add onto mural (velcro tabs allow you to change the positions of animals).
Some Things to Work Out:
1. What other animals might you add for an Amazon Rainforest?
2. What other animals might you add for an African Rainforest?
3. Can you form a food web with the animals you have already?