1) Learn about the animals where you live (or are visiting, camping, etc.)
2) Develop motor skills
3) Create a nature table cloth or mural for display
4) Have fun!
1) plastic table cloth (lightweight)
2) black sharpy markers
3) a series of colored sharpy markets
4) picnic table on which to drape the table cloth
1) Decide on a list of species that you want to include on your table cloth.
2) Look them up and print out their outlines here.
3) Look them up for their colors and print out color guides here. Or use a field guide to see their colors.
4) Place printed outlines under the table cloth and trace outlines in black sharpie
5) Color them in to match color guides with color sharpies.
When you research information you must cite the reference. Citing for websites is different from citing from books, magazines and periodicals. The style of citing shown here is from the MLA Style Citations (Modern Language Association).
When citing a WEBSITE the general format is as follows.
Author Last Name, First Name(s). "Title: Subtitle of Part of Web Page, if appropriate." Title: Subtitle: Section of Page if appropriate. Sponsoring/Publishing Agency, If Given. Additional significant descriptive information. Date of Electronic Publication or other Date, such as Last Updated. Day Month Year of access < URL >.
Amsel, Sheri. "Table Cloth Nature Drawing" Exploring Nature Educational Resource ©2005-2020. May 30, 2020
< http://exploringnature.org/db/view/Table-Cloth-Nature-Drawing >